Monday, September 21, 2009

Denim offcuts and felt flowers




I had a thin strip of denim left over after hemming a pair of jeans so I thought I would use it up on yet another hair thingy for Princess E.  I did try and take a photo of it in her hair but it was getting late and the light was bad (and she was incapable of standing still today!) so the photos ended up too blurry..maybe tomorrow.

Okay, here is the strip of denim (lol, didn't realise I didn't focus on it too well there)....




which I then just loosely stitched along one edge and gathered it up, tying the thread in a knot to hold it.




I made a felt flower and stitched it on to the denim 'flower'.




I then used a giant hair clip Princess E had in her collection and glued the flower on and secured it with a couple of stitches (and more glue) as well.  I really like the look of the denim's reverse side here.




I put a normal sized hair clip alongside it here to show perspective.




I have another denim strip so I might make another one to attach to a little tote bag or something else for her.  We will see.  I also made another felt flower and attached it to a black headband.  My models were uncooperative today so Sparkle the penguin had to stand in.  Looks very smart on Sparkle I have to say!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it!! I think they are so cute~ I can't wait to use stuff like this in my baby girl's hair, but right now, all that seems to grow is baby 'fuzz'. Ha! Very sweet hair clips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails