Saturday, June 13, 2009

Homemade peanut butter



I did this a few days ago. Homemade peanut butter! We can't get a regular/decent supply of peanut butter here so it finally dawned on me to make it. A was literally standing by just waiting for a yummy peanut butter and honey sandwich. It turned out pretty well and A loves it. Not as smooth as I had hoped and am not sure if that is because of the quality of my food processor or not. Anyway, all I did was buy a packet of roasted and salted peanuts, throw the contents in the food processor and blend. It takes a few minutes. I added a few slugs of olive oil as it was going to moisten it a bit and a tiny little bit of sugar (I like the mix of sweet and salty). I am very happy with it and it will certainly be used a lot around here for the favourite sandwich combo and now I can add some to a quick satay recipe! Yum.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. I feel like I pay an arm and a leg for good natural peanut butter ... now I'm thinking I should try it myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! It was so much easier than I thought it would be and tastes great. I saw someone had used honey roasted peanuts but I can't get them here. I would definitely try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get the Honey roasted peanuts (Planters) at Devoto in Portones or Tienda Inglesa. I've bought a while ago. They are pricy though!!
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know it's so easy! We can't do peanut butter here (allergic son) but we buy Sunbutter, which is a substitute made from sunflower seeds. It's really good but a little spendy. Now I think I'll try just whipping some of those up in the food processor with a touch of salt and honey. Thanks!

    I'm new to your blog and loving it, BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails