Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Step 2. Unfold and clip pages together securely. Mark & punch holes.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- Add a small amount of water to a small container (I have used an empty yoghurt pot here but I usually use ramekins from my kitchen as they don't tip over).
- Add a couple of drops of food colour to the water (I add them with an old medicinal eye dropper so you don't have food colouring dripping down the outside of the bottle).
- Pop in a couple of cotton buds (q-tips) in each container you have added colour to (to prevent mixing them up). These soak up the combined water and colour and provide a nifty little drip free paint 'brush' of sorts.
- Use these to draw all over your paper.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
These are the measurements I used:
Cover - 19cm long x 15cm wide
Inside pages - 17.5cm long x 14cm wide
Tab closure - 6cm long x 3.5cm wide
1. Fold the cover and each page in half and iron the crease.
2. Place the pages inside each other and then inside the cover.
4. Do the blanket stitch binding.
6. Stitch the untrimmed end to the inside middle of the back cover.
7. I used a decorative flower cutout and button to brighten mine up and then stitched a press stud to the underside. You could leave yours plain or you could stitch a button to the cover and cut a slit in the tab closure to close it. Just use whatever option you prefer.